Protocols for Recycling at BLH Computers
- Recycling Hours: Recycling is available until 4:45 PM, Monday-Saturday.
- Recycling Drop-off Procedure: Please keep your items in your vehicle upon arrival. Visit our front desk first to inform us of your items, and if you are a resident or a business, and we’ll guide you on where to go next.
- Unloading Assistance: We can assist with unloading items from the trunk of your vehicle, subject to staff availability. If you anticipate needing help, we recommend bringing assistance as we cannot guarantee staff availability at all times.
Your Trusted Partner in Electronics RecyclingBLH Computers Inc. is the premier destination for electronics recycling in Illinois. Our expansive 20,000 sq. ft. facility, the largest in the region, is equipped to handle all your computer and electronic recycling needs. While all our processes are designed to align with NAID standards, we offer specialized NAID-certified data destruction services upon specific request, ensuring the utmost security and compliance. We are committed to maintaining the highest standards of security and environmental responsibility, processing over 5 million pounds of electronic waste annually.
In addition to recycling, we offer expert Computer Repair Services, including virus removal and screen replacements, and sell high-quality, BLH Guaranteed business-grade desktops and laptops.
How to Recycle with BLH Computers
Business Recycling:At BLH Computers, we recognize the specific recycling needs of businesses and offer tailored services to meet these requirements.
- Drop Offs: Businesses are required to schedule an appointment via email before dropping off items. Unscheduled business recycling cannot be accommodated without prior arrangement. Upon arrival, please inform us that it is a business drop-off and provide your business name.
- Pick Ups: For businesses requiring pick-up services, we offer this convenience subject to a fee. Contact us via email to discuss the pick-up fee, obtain an inbound service order number, and arrange a suitable time for pick-up.
- Costs: It’s important to note that business entities are not eligible for the Free Residential Recycling program. Recycling rates vary based on the types of items, such as CRTs and mixed electronics. For detailed information on recycling costs, please reach out to us via email.
Residential Recycling:At BLH Computers, we make recycling convenient for our residential customers.
- Drop Offs: Our doors are open for drop-offs from 8:00 AM to 4:45 PM, Monday through Friday, and from 10:00 AM to 4:45 PM on Saturdays. There’s no need for an appointment. Simply bring your items to our location. When you arrive, keep your recycling in your vehicle, come inside, and inform us about your city of residence and the items you wish to recycle.
- Pick Ups: Please note that we currently do not offer pick-up services for residential recycling. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.
Items Accepted for Free Residential Recycling:
- Answering Machines
- Battery Backups and Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS)
- Cellular/Mobile Phones, Pagers, and Tablets
- Christmas tree lights
- Computer Peripherals (keyboards, mice, etc.)
- Desktop/Laptop Computers
- DVD/CD Players, VCR’s
- Fax Machines, Printers, Scanners, Copiers
- Ink Cartridges and Toner
- Mail-room Equipment
- Networking Equipment and Cables
- Point of Sale Equipment
- Power and Accessory Cables
- Power Tools (including batteries)
- Radios, Receivers, Satellite and Cable Equipment
- Surge Suppressors and Power Strips
- Telephones (including PBX equipment)
- Video Games and Consoles
- Walkie-talkies – If an item is not on the list call BLH Springfield at (217) 585-1580
Recycling with a Fee:(Some electronics require a fee for recycling. These include:)
- CRT/LCD Monitors: $10
- CRT or ‘Tube’ Televisions: $20
- Flat-screen (LCD/Plasma) Televisions: $20
- Projection Televisions: $40
- Console Television: $40
Special Recycling Programs:BLH Computers proudly participates in special recycling programs for residents of specific areas. These programs are funded through city or county charges, and residents simply need to provide proof of residency to participate.
- Christian County: Residents can recycle all items free of charge, with no limits on quantity or type.
- Springfield Township/Capital Township: Each household is entitled to recycle up to 3 TVs or Monitors per calendar year at no cost.
- Jacksonville: Residents are eligible to recycle up to 2 TVs or Monitors per household each calendar year, free of charge.
Items We Do Not Recycle:
- Anything with Freon(Air Conditioners/Dehumidifiers)
- Kitchen or Bathroom items
- Adhesives, Paints, Chemicals of any kind
- Aerosol cans
- Alkaline Batteries (AA, AAA, C, D, etc…)
- Audio and Video Media (8Track/LaserDisc/Cassette/VHS/CD/DVD/HD-DVD/BluRay)
- Bathroom devices (ie. electric razors, toothbrushes, etc.)
- Carbon Monoxide/Smoke detectors
- Gas Powered Tools
- General rubbish
- Lamps/Light bulbs and Lava Lamps
- Live ammunition
- Mercury Thermometers
- Microwaves, toasters, and other small kitchen appliances
- Needles of any sort
- Pre-lit Christmas trees
- Pressurized canisters of any kind
- Refrigerators, stoves, and other large appliances
- Vacuum and floor cleaners