BLH offers the area's ONLY environmentally responsible solution for your old computers. Our 20,000sq ft facility processes over 1.8 million pounds of recycling per year.
- Additional Funding
BLH has received grant funding from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity to grow and expand the recycling program.
How to Recycle with BLH Computers
- Drop Offs
Due to new legislation, we ask that you please contact the store nearest you for information regarding recycling prior to dropping off your old equipment.
We are also unable to provide assistance carrying in any equipment. However, we do have carts, dollies, and door stops available for use.
- Pick Ups
If you would like to request a pick-up please contact the Springfield Store at (217) 585-1580. For large loads on pallets, please view our pallet instructions. Pick ups are restricted to businesses only.
What We Recycle (For Free)
- Items Accepted
- Desktop, Laptop, and Tablet Computers
- LCD Monitors
- Printers (for large, office printers please contact your local store)
- Computer Peripherals (keyboards, mice, etc.)
- LCD, DLP, LCoS, and Plasma Televisions
- Satellite and Cable Equipment
- DVD Players
- Video Game Consoles
- Cellular/Mobile Phones
- Smart Phones
- Telephones (including PBX equipment)
- Networking Equipment and Cables
- Mailroom Equipment
- POS Equipment
- Power Tools (including batteries)
- Fax Machines
- Answering Machines
- Battery Backups and Uninterruptable Power Supplies (UPS)
- Surge Suppressors and Power Strips
- Power and Accessory Cables
- Vacuum Cleaners
- If its not on the list call BLH Springfield at (217) 585-1580
What We Recycle (Fees Depend On Residency)
Fees depend on place of residence listed on driver's license. Residents of Cass and Christian county can recycle these items free of charge. Other free areas include New Berlin and Williamsville. One must bring a valid driver's license to verify residency. Those living outside of the participating areas are charged a fee of $10 per item. Please call your local store if you have any questions about fees. If you would like your area to be listed and receive electronics recycling for these items free of charge, please contact your village or county officials.
- Items Accepted
- Whole CRT Televisions*
- Projection Televisions*
- Whole CRT Monitors*
NOTE: The Jacksonville store can only accept projection and CRT devices with a screen size less than 26 inches diagonally. For larger items, please take them to our Springfield location. Same fees and guidelines apply.
What We DO NOT Recycle
- Items Not Accepted
- Microwaves, toasters, and other small kitchen appliances
- Refrigerators, stoves, and other large appliances
- General rubbish
- Audio and Video Cassettes
- CDs and DVDs
- Bathroom devices (ie. electric razors, toothbrushes, etc.)
- Gas Powered Tools
- CRT tubes (whole monitor/TV sets are fine)
- Glass, Christmas Light Bulbs, etc.
The Illinois EPA has prepared a flyer to help educate Illinois residents on the state's Electronic Products Recycling and Reuse Act. The flyer describes the new law and contains helpful links. You can download the flyer in PDF format here.
* There may be a charge depending on your residency or business's address. Please call before bringing in any items of this type.